Hello children? How are you doing? We hope you’re enjoying these days with your family. Let’s get ready for the following tasks.
We’re going to analyze some pictures related to the four seasons, learn about the cycle of one insect we can see in Spring, read poems and make a poster for an oral presentation.
1) Look at the paintings and choose four of them to say which season represents the pictures and
write in the comments box.
These paintings are works of art. Some of the pictures are abstract paintings.
For example, picture 1 represents Autumn because I see that there are brown leaves and most colours are brown, yellow and orange.
2) What insects can you see in Spring? We’re going to learn the cycle of a type of insect that has large wings, often with beautiful colours. Did you guess which insect it is? Yes, It’s the butterfly! Let’s watch the
and write the four stages of the butterfly in order in the comments.
3) Read the text and answer the questions in your binder (classwork section) We will correct them in zoom.
1 -Where do butterflies lay eggs?
2- What do butterflies eat?
3- Do caterpillars grow slowly?
4. What happens inside the chrysalis?
5- What is this change called?
6- What do butterflies do when they come out of the chrysalis?
4) Now let's read some poems.
DO YOU LIKE POEMS? WHY? WHY NOT?
WHICH ONE DO YOU LIKE MOST? WHY?
We will share your answers in the zoom lessons. And we will read some more.
5) Last but not least. Let’s answer unit 1 big question What can we do in different seasons? Prepare a poster to give a presentation about your experience. You will need to talk about what you do in the four seasons of the year. Talk about the activities you did, do and will do in each season. Mention a minimum of three activities.
Summer (use the past)
Autumn and Spring (use the present and include the frequency (always - usually - often - sometimes - rarely - never)
Winter (use the future).
You can follow this guide:
Last Summer, I went to the beach, I sunbathed and played beach volley.
In Autumn, I sometimes fly a kite, …
In Spring, I always have a picnic, …
Next Winter, I will watch films, … and …. but I won’t swim in the lake, … or …..
Well done! You're doing a great work! Keep it up!
See you in our zoom lessons!